Two Foods That Heal
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” -Hippocrates
Much of what ails would be better cured by food than any other method. There are many foods that can
cure and perhaps eventually we will find that all real foods have some curing properties. Here are two to start with:
- It reduces pain and inflammation, making it valuable in managing arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps.
- It has a warming effect and stimulates circulation.
- It inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
- It inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea, and protozoa, such as Trichomonas.
- In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
- It may prevent stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
One way to use it – Keep ginger root chopped in your freezer and add it to smoothies
- Lemons are alkalizing for the body: Lemons are acidic to begin with but they are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.
- Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.
- Cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- The citric acid in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
- The lemon peel contains the potent phytonutrient tangeretin, which has been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
- It destroys intestinal worms.
- Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties; experiments have found the juice of lemons destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases.
- Blood vessels are strengthened by the vitamin P (bioflavinoids) in lemon.
- The symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy have been shown in research to improve due to the rutin, found in lemons.
- Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds.
Two ways to use it
- Put some fresh lemon in some ice water first thing every morning
- Add a thin slice to your smoothie. Include the rind.